A man allegedly killed his wife and children before taking his own life on Friday after he failed to repay his loans in Faisalabad city of Punjab.
Police said that the man, identified as Tahir, committed suicide after killing his three daughters and wife.
Tahir had five daughters, out of which three were killed while his other two daughters were staying at their relatives’ house, they added.
The police moved the bodies to the hospital for postmortem examination while an investigation was initiated into the matter.
According to police, Tahir had been suffering from depression after his 9-year-old son had died due to a fall from a roof a few months ago.
An alleged letter from the man surfaced in which he revealed that he was taking the step due to failure to repay loans that he had taken.
What to do if someone exhibits intent of self-harm
Anxiety and depression is the bane of modern life. But help is just around the corner. If you …
- Are feeling depressed
- Are feeling stressed because of your challenging work environment
- Are suffering from anxiety due to another physical illness
- Have recently been diagnosed with a mental illness
- Your doctor has suggested you to seek counseling
- Feel that no one understands you
You can get in touch with the following mental health helplines and speak to them.
- Umang 0317 4288665
- Umang 0311-7786264
- Mind Organisation 042 35761999
- Talk2me.pk 0333 4065139
- Baat Karo 0335 5743344
- Taskeen 0332 5267936
- Rooh 0333 3337664
- Rozan 0800-22444
- OpenCounseling 042 35761999
Here’s what you should do if someone you know exhibits signs of suicide or a tendency to isolate or self-harm:
- Try to make sure they are not left alone
- Remove any objects they could use to harm themselves.
- Take or encourage the person to seek help from a medical or mental health professional