Federal cabinet has approved Rs1150 billion budget for development programmes, sources told Aaj News.
A special meeting of the federal cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister is under way in committee room No. 2 of The Parliament House, where budget documents were delivered for the cabinet members while the mobile phones of the members have been kept outside the room.
In addition, the documents of tax targets prepared by the Federal Board of Revenue have also been delivered for the cabinet meeting.
Moreover, Finance Minister Ishaq Dar, finance ministry, and FBR officials will brief the participants on the budget for the next fiscal year.
Here is the breakdown of the amount allocated for different sectors:
- Infrastructure: Rs491.3 billion
- Power: Rs86.4 billion
- Water reservoirs and water sector: Rs99.8 billion
- Transport and communication: Rs263.6 billion
- Physical planning and construction: Rs41.5 billion
- Social: Rs241.2 billion
- Health: Rs22.8 billion
- Education and higher education: Rs81.9 billion
- Sustainable development goals: Rs90 billion
The government has kept a growth target of 3.5 per cent for the financial year 2023-24.