From the Aaj TV newsroom
- Pakistan’s Supreme Court has declared the decision of the Deputy Speaker to reject the no-confidence motion as unconstitutional. The PM’s order to dissolve assemblies has been declared illegal.
- The IMF has agreed to give Pakistan a loan for which $1.2b will be released. The loan is expected to increase by $1 billion.
- Heavy rains in Islamabad and surrounding areas Wednesday night. A new spell will start in Karachi from today till July 18. More rain with thunderstorms expected in Punjab, Kashmir, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Eastern Balochistan and Sindh.
- Security forces kill six suspects in Datta Khel Tehsil of North Waziristan and a soldier was martyred.
- U.S. President Joe Biden and Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid on Thursday will sign a joint agreement pledging to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon on the second day of Biden’s Middle East trip.
- Hyundai Motor on Thursday launched its first electric sedan, Ioniq 6, which the South Korean automaker is betting will help it grab a bigger share of the electric vehicle (EV) market dominated by Tesla Inc.