Key helpline numbers and sports updates
Major news we will be following on Wednesday July 13 across Pakistan and an update on what happened late Tuesday night.
- A new rain system will enter Karachi from tomorrow, the Meteorological Department has warned. There will be heavy rains till July 18.
- Police have raided a PTI candidate’s office in Lahore and arrested a man for resisting. According to police, Malik Nawaz Awan was accompanied by armed guards and Section 144 is enforced in the city so display of weapons is prohibited.
- Maryam Nawaz announced at her jalsa on Tuesday that as promised Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has decided to reduce the prices of petroleum products. He has directed the Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Petroleum to take action.
- On the second day of the three-day warm-up match, Sri Lanka scored 278 runs for the loss of five wickets. Pakistan had scored 323 runs in the first innings. The third day’s play will be played today.
- Aisam-ul-Haq has announced the S Tennis Talent Hunt Program will kick off in August. In a video message he said that 16 players from all over Pakistan will be selected.
|Helplines across Karachi|
|Army Flood Control Centre in Karachi||1135||021-34491082|
|Sindh Rangers: Helpline & WhatsApp||1101||0347-9001111|
|PDMA Sindh Emergency Operations Centre: 1736||021-99332003||99332005|
|Police Helpline: 15||02199212652||02199212634|
|Commissioner Control Room Help Line||021 99203443||021 99205634|
|DC South Control Rome Help Line||02199202822||0346 3202130|