Aaj English TV

Monday, April 15, 2024  
06 Shawwal 1445  

Tax collection target set at Rs7,004 bn for next fiscal year

FBR chairman says government focus is on direct taxes
Chairman FBR Asim Ahmad addresses press conference in Islamabad. Screengrab.
Chairman FBR Asim Ahmad addresses press conference in Islamabad. Screengrab.

Federal Board of Revenue Chairman Asim Ahmad said that the government has set a tax-collection target of Rs7,004 billion rupees for the next upcoming year.

Addressing a media conference in Islamabad on Friday, he said the government’s main focus was on direct taxes as 75 percent of the proposals are linked with income tax and direct taxes.

48 percent tax would be collected from the imports and the remaining 52 percent would be domestic, he said.

He said that relief had been provided in the budget to ease the burden of the common man. Taxes would be imposed on real estate, farmhouses, and unutilized properties.

For the latest news, follow us on Twitter @Aaj_Urdu. We are also on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.

FBR

tax collection

Chairman FBR

Comments are closed on this story.

Comments

Taboola

Taboola ads will show in this div