Benefits of Ajwa date seed powder and recipe to make at home
Ajwa dates are one of nature’s most wonderful gifts. Its seed powder can potentially cure some of the most common ailments.
According to researchers writing in the Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, the scientific name is the Phoenix dactylifera which belongs to the Arecaceae family. Its leaves, bark, pit, fruit and pollen have anticancer, antioxidant, hepatoprotective, antidiabetic, antihypertensive, antiulcertavie, anti-inflammatory, antiproliferative, antimutagenic, antidiarheal, antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral potential.
Phytochemical studies have showed that Ajwa flesh and seeds are enriched with certain phenolic and flavonoids, which have multiple effects on human health due to their strong antioxidant properties.
A study titled ‘Role of Ajwa Date Fruit Pulp and Seed in the Management of Diseases through In Vitro and In Silico Analysis’ published in the journal Biology in 2022 talks about the fruit’s properties. When the researchers extracted Ajwa date fruit pulp and seed they found they had strong antioxidant properties and stabilize the cell protein membranes.
The greatest benefit of Ajwa date paste is its capability to prevent heart-related diseases. One of the common risk factors in heart disease is Hyperlipidemia, meaning your blood has too much fat. Bangladesh researchers wanted to study the effect Ajwa date seed powder had on serum lipid profiles. People with high cholesterol (or Hypercholesterolemic patients) were told to take 200 mg of seed powder capsules three times daily after a meal for 90 days. Then their cholesterol levels were measured. The Ajwa date seed powder lowered their total cholesterol 19.4 %, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) 22.5 %, and triglycerides 25.78%.
- Ajwa dates seed powder is highly effective for the treatment of blocked heart arteries. It helps to reduce triglycerides and cholesterol levels (LDL) in the blood.
- Because of carbohydrate content, Ajwa dates provide a burst of energy. It leads to a good exercise routine and in turn ultimately important for heart health.
- Ajwa khajoor paste is also recommended for those patients who have been advised bypass surgery or angioplasty.
- People who have high blood pressure problem & smokers, should take ajwa seed powder daily in the morning.
- Ajwa dates are rich in potassium. Hence ajwa khajoor is helpful in cardiac-related issues as potassium can help reduce the risk of stroke and can ease anxiety.
- Effective in preventing abdominal cancer, abdominal diseases, disturbance in intestines, strong remedy to kill the worms of abdomen and relieves constipation.
- Ajwa date is very useful for pregnant women. The use of Ajwa dates during and after pregnancy improves blood circulation in mother and baby bodies and it is very helpful for growth of mother milk too.
- Extremely useful in treating male & female infertility.
- Get healthy & bright skin and to cure against various skin diseases.
- Ajwa dates can be used for the prevention against magic, madness, frustration, headache, poison or mental disorders.
- Good for poor eyesight, night blindness and eye diseases.
- Ajwa dates are most effective for throat problems, fever, edema and cystitis.
- Ajwa date is a great remedy for sexual disability; it should be used with milk and honey. It improves energy levels in the body as well.
- Ajwa date powder helps reduce weight.
- Take out seeds from ajwa khajoor and put it in water for 15 days.
- Take out the seeds after 15 days, they must be soft now. Let them dry for 10 minutes.
- Put the seeds in a grinder.
- Run the grinder till the seeds are pulverised to a powder.
- Take out the powder and keep it in an airtight jar.
- Take one teaspoon daily in the morning.
For the latest news, follow us on Twitter @Aaj_Urdu. We are also on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Comments are closed on this story.